18-day Ultimate India Tour
Dive into the rich, vibrant and diverse culture of India with our 18-day adventure tour.
Covering both the north and the west of the country, this adventure has it all. Explore India’s iconic major landmarks, World Heritage ancient ruins, glorious Goan beaches and abundance of delicious food. From bustling cities to rural villages, our Adventure Leaders take you off-the-beaten-track as you explore all that India has to offer.
Zoom, pan and select icons to learn more.
Day 1: Delhi
- Meet your guide at 7pm at the hostel for a pre-departure briefing
- Take a 5-minute walk to New Delhi Station
- Board the 8.40pm overnight train to Varanasi
Day 2-3: Varanasi
- Arrive in Varanasi, meet your new Adventure Leader and make your way to the hostel
- Optional: Explore the excavated ruins and deer park at the Sarnath Buddhist and Hindu archaeological site (200 INR)
- Optional: Take a walk around the city’s old town and pay a visit to the Blue Lassi store
- Enjoy a relaxing boat ride down the River Ganges as you tour Varanasi’s ancient Ghats. Finish the tour watching the Ganga Aarti ceremony
- Get to know your fellow travellers over your first group dinner
- Optional: Watch the sunrise during an early morning Ghat boat tour (100-200 INR dependent on numbers)
- Transfer to the airport to catch a flight to Agra
Day 4-5: Agra
- Optional: Watch the Mohabbat The Taj Show at Kalakriti Cultural & Convention Centre (1500 INR)
- Optional: Visit Agra Fort and cross the river to the ruins of the Black Taj foundations (950 INR)
- Optional: Interact with the local community in a nearby village (1500 INR)
- Experience a spectacular sunrise over the Taj Mahal
- Return to the hostel ready for a private transfer to Jaipur
Day 6-7: Jaipur
- Arrive and check-in to your accommodation
- Optional: Visit Nahargarh Fort for panoramic views of the city (200 INR)
- Optional: Explore Amber Fort and the nearby Monkey Temple (200 INR)
- Optional: Join an art class at the Creatis Studio (1000 INR)
- Optional: Treat your taste buds to a food tour of the city (200 INR)
- Enjoy a private guided tour of the Pink City, including the City Palace and its grounds
- Free time to explore further
- Board the 11.45pm overnight train to Jaisalmer
Day 8-9: Jaisalmer
- Arrive in Jaisalmer and transfer to the Adventure Safari company house
- Shower, rest and eat lunch nearby (at own expense)
- At 3.30pm, drive by jeep an hour into the desert
- Begin your Camel Safari with a short ride to the campsite and enjoy a cooked vegetarian dinner around the campfire
- Wake up for sunrise over the sand dunes
- Embark on a longer camel trek to a desert village for a tour
- Head back into the city to freshen up at the company house
- Optional: Pay a visit to Jaisalmer Fort (600 INR)
- Optional: Visit Gadsisar Sagar Lake and the nearby viewpoint (100 INR for viewpoint)
- Get picked up from the hostel at 4pm and take a private transfer to Jodhpur
- Arrive at your new accommodation at approx. 10pm
Day 10: Jodhpur
- Optional: Test your nerves on a flying fox zip wire over Mehrangarh Fort (1999 INR)
- Optional: Join a Krishna cooking workshop and learn to cook ten traditional dishes (1500 INR)
- Meet in the hostel at 4pm for a guided walking tour of the Blue City. Finish the tour at Toorji Step Well where you can have a drink at the cafe
Day 11-12: Udaipur
- Catch an 8am bus to Udaipur, arriving at the hostel in the early afternoon
- Optional: Explore the Old City and City Palace (outside 30 INR, entry 300 INR)
- Meet your guide at 5pm to catch the sunset as you take a boat cruise on Lake Pichola, where you can get the best views of the palace and old town
- Optional: Enjoy a group dinner at the lakeshore restaurant (300-500 INR)
- Optional: Volunteer for a few hours at a local animal rescue, Animal Aid (600 INR for a rickshaw group of 3)
- Optional: Get creative at one of the local workshops, including art (250 INR per hour), henna (75 INR upwards), sitar or Indian drums (900 INR), or yoga (pay as you see fit)
- Hop on the 9.30pm overnight train to Mumbai
Day 13-15: Mumbai
- Continue your train ride throughout the morning
- Arrive in Mumbai at approximately 2pm and head to the hostel
- Enjoy a free afternoon to relax
- Meet your guide at 5pm for a pre-departure briefing at the hostel
- Get to know your fellow travellers over a group dinner
- Optional: Experience the bustling city at night with a pub crawl (600 INR)
- Explore the city of Mumbai with a walking tour taking you to the Gate of Mumbai and the Taj Mahal Palace hotel
- Optional: Pay a visit to the Dhobi Ghat laundromat
- Optional: Shatter your expectations with a tour of the Dharavi slum (500 INR)
- Transfer to the airport and catch a flight to Goa
Day 16-18: Goa
- Land in Goa and transfer to your accommodation, where you will arrive at approx. 6pm
- Enjoy a free day relaxing on the beach or explore the Portuguese colonial buildings in the Old City
- Optional: Experience a night out in India’s famous party state (at your own expense)
- Make the most of another free day rejuvenating or exploring
- Optional: Kayak through Goa’s rivers and backwaters (2833 INR)
- Say goodbye to your guide and fellow travellers and finish up your Dragon Trip tour. We wish you safe travels!
A deposit is required to make a reservation, with the balance due 60 days prior to departure (unless booking with one of our promotions, for which specific balance due dates may apply). The deposit is £200 GBP / $200 USD
Looking for assistance booking pre/post trip accommodation? Just let us know what you need! We’re happy to help you extend your stay in India!
For customers making payment from the UK: please note that when you are making a payment into our US dollar account you must request your bank to send the money directly to our US dollar account at HSBC UK. Otherwise they may use an intermediary bank resulting in an added wiring fee charged to you of $25.00.
Upgrades & Extras
If you’d like to upgrade to a private room this will cost you £395 per room. Just email us before your final payment is due to let us know you’d like to upgrade. The upgrade fee is for the room, not per person- i.e. if you are a couple upgrading, then you split this price between the two of you. Room upgrades include single, double and twin rooms.
Our India tour package price includes the following features:
• Bilingual Adventure Leaders
• Transport within India
• Accommodation (including hostels & 1 night camping)
Please note: Accommodation is in dorm rooms as a standard on our India tours.
Upgrade options (to single, twin, or double rooms) are available, please contact us for more information.
If you’d like to upgrade to a private room this will cost you £450 per room. Just email us before your final payment is due to let us know you’d like to upgrade. The upgrade fee is for the room, not per person- i.e. if you are a couple upgrading, then you split this price between the two of you. Room upgrades include single, double and twin rooms.
Check out our included activities below:
- Dinner at Himalayan Hostel (Delhi)
- Visit Sri Bangla Sahib Gurdwara (Delhi)
- Dinner at temple (Delhi)
- Walk through Varanasi Old town and the Blue Lassi Store (Varanasi)
- Ghat tour, including Ganga Aarti Ceremony (Varanasi)
- Sunrise Boat Tour (Varanasi)
- Monkey Temple (Jaipur)
- Desert Camel Trek and village visit (Jaisalmer)
- Blue city tour (Jodhpur)
- Lake Picola Sunset Boat Tour (Udaipur)
- Volunteering at Animal Aid (Udaipur)
- Mumbai Orientation Walk (Mumbai)
The group will be in sex-segregated hotel rooms (unless you book with friends of different sexes, in which case you can be together).
If you’d like to upgrade to a private room this will cost you £450. Just email us before your final payment is due to let us know you’d like to upgrade. The upgrade fee is for the room, not per person- i.e. if you are a couple upgrading, then you split this price between the two of you. Room upgrades include single, double and twin rooms.
The use of Drones and other unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) is prohibited during activities organized by The Dragon Trip. If you are in possession of a drone when entering the country it is your responsibility to be informed of and follow all local laws. This may include registering your drone with authorities. If you violate this policy or operate a drone illegally you are subject to removal from the tour as per our terms & conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dates & prices
Other India Adventures
Start your adventure