3 days Singapore
3-day Singapore City Stopover
Have you ever had an uncomfortable night’s sleep on the floor of an airport? Or had to check into a hotel while you break up a long transfer? It's time to level up your layover! Allow us to introduce the Singapore City Stopover...
A bustling fusion of groundbreaking modernity and verdant nature, a layover itinerary in Singapore provides you with the ultimate escape from the departures lounge. On the Singapore City Stopover, you’ll explore the most famous landmarks by bike, explore hawker centers in search of delicious local cuisines, and head to the Civic District for a night out. Taking in the Marina Promenade, Kampong Glam, and the Gardens by the Bay, this is a Singapore itinerary that will have you desperate to choose that long layover.
Two nights’ accommodation at a clean & comfy local hostel
Epic Adventure Leaders, who’ll lead the guided sections
All public transport within the tour
Itinerary & map
Day 1: Welcome to Singapore!
After leaving the airport, you’ll be joining your group at the hostel where we’ll be staying for the next two nights. In the afternoon, you’ll meet the rest of your fellow travellers and the Adventure Leader at the accommodation, where they’ll give you a quick pre-departure briefing about what to expect on your trip.
It’s then time to dive right into the city to explore the beautiful landmarks. You’ll take a bike tour around Singapore, during which you’ll explore iconic places like Merlion, Marina Bay Sands, and Kampong Glam. Along the way, there’ll also be a chance for you to stop to taste some local delights.
However, don’t fill up too much! After cycling along the Marina Promenade to catch a glimpse of the beautiful sunset, we’ll head to famed hawker center Lau Pa Sat for dinner. For the uninitiated, a hawker center is a vast food court where you’re able to try everything from authentic local cuisines to tasty drinks – and Lau Pa Sat is one of the best (and most historic) in the city. Of an evening, a side street turns into ‘Satay Street’, filling the air with the smells of the grill.
You can then explore the Civic District by night, one of Singapore’s most historic areas. As you wander along the river, you can see the old Parliament House, the Dalhousie Obelisk, and Capitol Singapore.
Day 2: Gardens by the Bay
Today, you’re able to structure your second day as you see fit. Your unmissable experience is a trip to what is arguably the most famous place in Singapore – the Gardens by the Bay! In this gorgeous botanical haven, technology and nature meet in what has been designated the world’s biggest greenhouse by the Guinness World Book of Records! Step into the enormous domes and explore the flowers alongside you that cover over 100 hectares – before turning your gaze up towards the Cloud Forest’s 35-meter indoor waterfall.
However, when you visit is up to you! You can choose to beat the crowds with an early morning wander, or visit them under cover of starlight with a trip in the evening. This gives you the chance to combine your visit with either some more time to explore under your own duress, or one of our exciting optional activities:
- A cooking class – put on your aprons and join a cooking class for lunch. Dive deeper into Singapore’s cuisine and discover the secrets behind all the dishes you tried in the hawker centers. At the end of the class you’ll enjoy a delicious lunch – where you’ll try your own creations! [Note: this cooking class takes place in the morning, meaning your visit to the Gardens would need to be scheduled for the afternoon.]
- Marina Bay Sands Skypark & Observation Deck – perched atop one of the world’s most iconic buildings, the Marina Bay Sands Skypark offers truly unparalleled views across Singapore. If you choose to visit during the day, you’ll get unspoiled views and a quieter crowd – but by night, you’ll be in the best seats in the house for the city’s light shows. Spectra at Marina Bay and the Garden Rhapsody shows kick off when it gets dark, and they’re truly one-of-a-kind.
- Traditional bumboat trip & Merlion Park – Singapore’s national icon is the merlion, a mythical creature with the body of a fish and the head of a lion. You’ll find the most famous depiction of this in the form of a fountain at the heart of Merlion Park, which you can reach by crossing the Singapore River by bumboat. These wooden boats take their origin from the city’s trade history during the colonial era, but today they’ve been repurposed to show you around the iconic city.
- Mandai River Wonders – nestled alongside Singapore Zoo lies River Wonders. This wildlife park features zones that replicate the habitats of rivers all over the world, and includes over 6,000 animals!
- Singapore Zoo Night Safari – pay a visit to the world’s first night safari! Set in 40 hectares of secondary jungle, under the cover of darkness you can see the nocturnal world come to life. From fierce predators to forest dwellers, Malayan tapirs to tigers, you’ll see everything by moonlight.
Day 3: Farewell
As you prepare to head back to the airport – bound for your next amazing destination – your Singapore City Stopover comes to an end this morning.
Our Singapore City Stopover price includes the following features:
- An Adventure Leader, who’ll be with you for the guided portions of your trip
- Public transport within Singapore
- Accommodation in a city hostel
Check out our included activities for the Singapore City Stopover below:
- Bike tour around Singapore
- Welcome dinner at Lau Pa Sat hawker center
- Gardens by the Bay entry & visit
Return flights from your country of origin are not included in the cost of the tour.
Aside from the provided meals, food and drink is not included.
Optional activities on the Singapore City Stopover:
- Singaporean cuisine cooking class
- Marina Bay Sands Skypark & Observation Deck
- Traditional bumboat river cruise & Merlion Park
- Mandai River Wonders wildlife park
- Singapore Zoo Night Safari
The Singapore City Stopover can be arranged for you on dates not specifically offered on site. Where this is possible, there may be an extra surcharge for weekend, holiday or special event bookings. Quotes are available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Room upgrades & additional nights
For more information on room upgrades or extras, email email@example.com.
A deposit is required to make a reservation on our Singapore City Stopover, with the balance due 70 days prior to departure (unless booking with one of our promotions, for which specific balance due dates may apply).
The deposit is 10% of the group tour price (unless stated otherwise). If you book on to our South Korea tours less than 70 days prior to departure, the full balance will be due within 3 days of booking.
Any bookings within 40 days prior to the departure are on a request basis. Please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability.