Work with us
Join some of the smartest, friendliest people in travel, working towards some very worthy goals.
Our team are based in offices in London, Boston and Shanghai or on the ground all over China and Japan, guiding our various epic tours. So, go ahead and learn more about us or check out our vacancies below
If you are interested in an internship or work experience opportunity, please email us at email@example.com for more information.
We’re looking for someone to lead our marketing department. We’re a friendly and fast-growing company of 60 ambitious, hardworking people and you’ll be based in our London office of 12 in East London. The Dragon Trip is an exciting business, running world-class group tours of 7 countries in Asia (and more soon).
We judge every candidate on their merits… but we think they should at least be a great writer, strong digital skills and have a good eye for design. As a senior staff member, you’ll manage our website, agencies and a team of marketers. You’ll be the lead on strategy and execution of our B2C and B2B efforts. We reward talent and are looking for a candidate who’ll thrive in this leadership role; helping to shape our growth story over the coming years.
What we’re looking for is someone who wants exposure to the full marketing stack, both online and offline. Someone to question our assumptions and – where possible – to use data to inform our decisions. Ultimately- the success of the role will be determined by growing our brand, increasing our enquiries and tightening up our marketing processes. Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who’s keen to work hard, learn and grow.
Sound like you?
(Fairly) essential experience:
- Love of travel. Ideally experience of travelling in Asia
- Writing. Your writing is as strategic as it is flowing. You’re probably a native English speaker.
- Technical. You’re not afraid of websites – you may even have built one (e.g. WordPress). You’re inspired by and up-to-date with the latest trends
- Design. You’re comfortable producing and tweaking design assets, from flyers to online ads
Plus at least 3 years of relevant marketing experience
Bonus experience (the more the better):
- Analytics. You’re comfortable using online tracking software (e.g. Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager).
- Email. You can manage/optimise email campaign tools (e.g. Mailchimp, other ESPs), possibly inc. automation.
- SEO / content. You know how to boost organic rankings and where to focus (e.g. Search Console, Moz, AdWords etc)
- Digital ads. You can create and optimise PPC and/or paid social ad campaigns.
- CRO. You know conversion strategy and how to move the needle on lead generation and sales. Ideally have a track record of delivering successful multi-channel marketing campaigns that have driven brand awareness.
- Tech. You can implement code changes in HTML, CSS, JS and/or PHP via FTP + basic server admin.
- Social media. You know how to build a fan base and manage a firm’s social profile (on FB, Instagram etc). We love thumb-stopping content!
- Travel. It would help if you enjoy it!
- Leading on marketing strategy across The Dragon Trip and the sub-brand, The Learning Adventure
- Managing the marketing budget
- Optimizing the digital strategy to maximize enquiries
- Developing our brand presence both online and offline
- Management of our data strategy and working with the data executive to create reports based on analytics
- Oversight on content creation and SEO
- Working alongside departments in U.S, China and U.K to streamline processes
- Reporting on marketing spends and strategy in a concise and clear manner
- Leading on event strategy and creation of marketing materials
- Managing a team of four staff with an eye on growth
- Developing ideas to improve the company’s online and offline presence