14-day South India Tour
Immerse yourself in the rich, vibrant and diverse culture of India with our 14-day South India adventure tour.
overing the country’s greatest southern features, with The Dragon Trip you’ll see it all. Explore India’s glorious Goan beaches, the World Heritage ancient ruins of Hampi, the tranquil Kerala backwaters, and of course, treat your taste buds to an abundance of delicious food. From bustling cities to rural villages, our Adventure Leaders take you to the highlights and off-the-beaten-track as you explore all that South India has to offer.
Zoom, pan and select icons to learn more.
Day 1-3: Mumbai
- Meet your guide at 5pm for a pre-departure briefing at the hostel
- Get to know your fellow travellers over a group dinner
- Optional: Experience the bustling city at night with a pub crawl (600 INR)
- Explore the city of Mumbai with a walking tour taking you to the Gate of Mumbai and the Taj Mahal Palace hotel
- Optional: Pay a visit to the Dhobi Ghat laundromat
- Optional: Shatter your expectations with a tour of the Dharavi slum (500 INR)
- Transfer to the airport and catch a flight to Goa
Day 4-6: Goa
- Land in Goa and transfer to your accommodation, where you will arrive at approx. 6pm
- Enjoy a free day relaxing on the beach or explore the Portuguese colonial buildings in the Old City
- Optional: Experience a night out in India’s famous party state (at your own expense)
- Make the most of another free day rejuvenating or exploring
- Optional: Kayak through Goa’s rivers and backwaters (2833 INR)
- Transfer to the station to catch a train to Hospet
Day 7-8: Hampi
- Arrive in Hospet and transfer to your accommodation in Hampi
- Walk through the city ruins to Sunset Point for the best panoramic views of the area
- Optional: Help the local temple give their resident elephant its daily bath in the Tungabhadra River (dependent on availability)
- Set off on a day tour of Hampi taking you to the local rice fields and the heritage village of Anegundi
- Stop for a picnic-style lunch on the banks of the river
- Continue your day tour, take a boat ride across the river to visit Vijaya Vittala Temple and Virupaksha Temple
- Return to the hostel and enjoy a free evening
- Make the most of a free day to explore the rest of the Old City or any other recommended activities from your guide
- Take a private transfer from the hostel to Hospet Train Station
- Board the 9.10pm overnight train to Bangalore
Day 9: Bangalore
- Arrive in Bangalore at approx. 6am and transfer directly to the hostel
- At 9am, begin a day tour of local Bangalore and trace the journey of Indian silk from cocoon to sarees
- Catch the action at Mulberry Silk Cocoon Market, pay a visit to the villages where silkworms grow and visit the workplaces of a traditional weaver of silk sarees
- Visit the Folklore Museum and learn about tribal art forms
- Stop by a toy-making factory and pay a visit to a local village to watch traditional toymakers use simple hand techniques
- Return back to the hostel in the evening
- At 8am, take a private transfer to Bangalore airport to catch a flight to Kochi
Day 10-12: Munnar
- Land in Kochi at midday and transfer to your accommodation at a campsite, where you will arrive at approx. 5pm
- Catch the sunrise over the Papathy Shola
- Spend your days explore the beautiful surroundings with a forest cycling loop and Shola Mountain Trek
- Watch the sunsets over the nearby Anaerangal Lake
- Enjoy dinner around a campfire
- Transfer back to Kochi at 9am
Day 13-14: Kochi
- Arrive in Kochi, check in to your accommodation and grab some lunch (at your own expense)
- Embark on an orientation walk of the city, taking you to the Chinese fishing boats, the Jewish quarter and Paradesi Synagogue
- Continue your walking tour to Mattancherry Palace and Santa Crux Cathedral Basilica
- Optional: Watch a Kathakali dance show. Head to the theatre an hour early to watch the actors paint their faces behind the scenes (350 INR)
- At 8.30am, embark on a day tour of the region’s backwaters
- Take a tour of one of the local villages
- Cruise along the backwaters by boat
- Stop for lunch at a local restaurant before heading back to the hostel
- Optional: Watch a Kalaripayattu martial arts show (350 INR)
- Optional: Enjoy a group dinner on your final night (500-1000 INR)
- Say goodbye to your guide and fellow travellers and finish up your Dragon Trip tour. We wish you safe travels!
A deposit is required to make a reservation, with the balance due 60 days prior to departure (unless booking with one of our promotions, for which specific balance due dates may apply). The deposit is £200 GBP / $200 USD
Looking for assistance booking pre/post trip accommodation? Just let us know what you need! We’re happy to help you extend your stay in India!
For customers making payment from the UK: please note that when you are making a payment into our US dollar account you must request your bank to send the money directly to our US dollar account at HSBC UK. Otherwise they may use an intermediary bank resulting in an added wiring fee charged to you of $25.00.
The group will be in sex-segregated hotel rooms (unless you book with friends of different sexes, in which case you can be together).
If you’d like to upgrade to a private room this will cost you £450. Just email us before your final payment is due to let us know you’d like to upgrade. The upgrade fee is for the room, not per person- i.e. if you are a couple upgrading, then you split this price between the two of you. Room upgrades include single, double and twin rooms.
Please take note if you wish to use your own camera/phone to take photos and videos that is absolutely fine. However, The Dragon Trip runs a no drone policy for our India trips.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dates & prices
Other India Adventures
Start your adventure