14-day Java & Bali Tour
Discover two of Indonesia’s most famous islands with our 14-day adventure tour as you experience the incredible natural beauty of country.
From strolling around the cities to relaxing on black sand beaches to chasing magnificent waterfalls, our passionate adventure leaders take you off-the-beaten-track on this unforgettable Indonesian experience. Immerse yourself in the country’s rich history and culture by visiting Bali’s temples, mosques, rice terraces and local hangout spots. Explore the natural wonders of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen, visit the monkey forest and become a master of the waves. Surround yourself with stunning sunsets and delve into Indonesia’s nightlife as you party on the beach.
Zoom, pan and select icons to learn more.
Day 1-4: Yogyakarta
- Meet your guide at the hostel at 7:30pm to receive a pre-departure briefing before enjoying your first group dinner
- In the morning, you’ll embark on a walking tour of the city. Pay a visit to The Palace of Yogyakarta, the Taman Sari Water Palace and Jalan Malioboro, before finishing the tour at the Southern City Square to experience real local life at night
- Explore the famous temples just outside the city as you visit the iconic Borobudur, Mendut Temple, Prambanan Temple and Plaosan Temple
- After a full day exploring, spend a free evening as you please
- Your final day in Yogyakarta is a free day, which you can spend exploring the city
- OPTIONAL: Take part in a Batik workshop
- OPTIONAL: Hike to Goa Jomblang, where you’ll abseil 80m down into the mouth of the cave for fantastic photo opportunities, before tubing to smaller caves
Day 5-7: Mt. Bromo & Mt. Ijen
- Start your journey to Mount Bromo where you’ll arrive in the evening
- Set up camp for the night and enjoy dinner around a bonfire as the sun sets
- Wake up early to enjoy the sunrise over the volcano
- Climb aboard a four-wheel drive to travel across the ask, before hiking up to the edge of the crater
- After a local breakfast, head to the guesthouse near Mount Ijen. Make a stop at Madakaripura Waterfall on the way
- OPTIONAL: Depart on a 2-3 hour midnight trek to the top of the volcano, where you can descend into the crater to witness the unique blue fire
- Enjoy a fulfilling breakfast and well-deserved rest at the guest house
- In the late morning, transfer to Bali by minibus and ferry
- Arrive in Lovina and enjoy a free afternoon to relax, treat yourself to a massage or crack open some Bintangs
Day 8-11: Lovina & Ubud
- OPTIONAL: Embark on a sunrise boat trip 1km offshore to spot the local dolphin pods
- Eat breakfast at the hostel before departing to Ubud, where you will arrive at around midday
- OPTIONAL: Take part in a cooking class and learn to make the delicious Balinese cuisine yourself
- Take a walking tour of the area, as you explore the main streets, the Kajeng Rice Fields and local villages
- Continue your tour with visits to the Monkey Forest, the Royal Palace and Goa Gajah before heading back to the centre to stroll through the markets for some delicious street food
- Explore the area outside Ubud with visits to Tukad Cepung waterfall, Penglipuran – one of the cleanest villages in the world – before stopping for lunch in the village of Kintamani
- Pay a visit to Pura Tirta Empal and the Tegallang Rice Terrace – Ubud’s most famous attractions
- Enjoy a free day to explore the city’s art galleries, temples and markets, or take part in one of the many yoga classes available
- Get a taste of the local culture as you watch an Ubud Fire Kecek dance show
Day 12-13: Canggu
- Check out of your accommodation and transfer to Canggu
- Spend a free afternoon as you please, whether it’s relaxing on the beach or exploring the local villages – the choice is yours!
- OPTIONAL: Have a night out on the town at one of Bali’s largest beach parties on Man’s Beach or Echo Beach
- Take part in a full day of surfing classes, with options for beginners all the way to experienced pros
- Enjoy a free evening to relax after an action-packed day, or head back out to the beach parties
Day 14: Labuan Bajo
- In the morning, say goodbye to your fellow travellers as you come to the end of your Dragon Trip tour. We wish you safe travels!
The package price includes the following:
Bilingual Adventure Leaders
Accommodation (hostels, guest houses, and 1 night camping)
Transport within Indonesia
All unmissable activities (see itinerary).
Please note: Accommodation is in dorm rooms as a standard.
Upgrade options ( twin or double rooms) are available on some parts of the trip, please contact us for more information.
Need hostels booked for after your trip ends? We are more than happy to help – just let us know what you need!
A deposit is required to make a reservation, with the balance due one month prior to departure (unless booking with one of our promotions, for which specific balance due dates may apply). The deposit is £200 GBP / $300 USD / $300 AUD / €300 EUR.
For customers making payment from the UK: please note that when you are making a payment into our US dollar account you must request your bank to send the money directly to our US dollar account at HSBC UK. Otherwise they may use an intermediary bank resulting in an added wiring fee charged to you of $25.00.
Late booking customers must understand that they may be sat separately from the rest of the group on planes, and may have to be booked into a separate dorm room. No bookings can be accepted within 30 days of a trip departure date.
If you would like to alter your trip itinerary from the one provided to you by us then please let us know more than 30 days before your trip departs so that we can make your trip the perfect one for you! When you let us know that means we can relay all information to our on the ground staff and make the appropriate arrangements. If you do not let us know in advance The Dragon Trip will not be responsible for assisting you, or for providing reimbursement for accommodations or transportation not used.
Upgrades & extras
The Dragon Trip provides, upon request, airport transfers in Yogyakarta. The cost of this is £15 per car. Airport transfers need to be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
If you would like to find out more about transfer arrangements, please email us at email@example.com.
Room upgrades are not available for this trip.
All plane tickets on our Indonesia tours are purchased through a central booking centre which means there is always a small chance that you may not be seated together with the person that you have booked the tour together with. If you or your PAX has a seat that is not next to the group’s, our Adventure Leaders will be able to explain to a local passanger to help switch seats so that Dragon Trippers may be seated together.
The use of Drones and other unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) is prohibited during activities organized by The Dragon Trip. If you are in possession of a drone when entering the country it is your responsibility to be informed of and follow all local laws. This may include registering your drone with authorities. If you violate this policy or operate a drone illegally you are subject to removal from the tour as per our terms & conditions.
You will receive a wristband which will have a phone number on it for you to call in emergencies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dates & prices
Start your adventure