13-day North India Tour
Explore the rich, vibrant and diverse culture of India with our 13-day North India adventure tour.
Covering the country’s greatest northern features, including the Golden Triangle, with The Dragon Trip you’ll see it all. Experience iconic major landmarks like the Taj Mahal and the spiritual ancient city of Varanasi with a twist, venture into the desert for a camel safari and treat your taste buds to an abundance of delicious food. From bustling cities to rural villages, our Adventure Leaders take you off-the-beaten-track as you explore all that North India has to offer.
Zoom, pan and select icons to learn more.
Day 1: Delhi
- Meet your guide at 7pm at the hostel for a pre-departure briefing
- Enjoy your first Indian meal at the hostel
- Head to Sri Bangla Sahib Gurdwara, a Sikh Temple, and explore it at night
Day 2-3: Varanasi
- Check out of your accommodation and make your way to the airport, where you’ll catch a flight to Varanasi
- Arrive in Varanasi, meet your new Adventure Leader and make your way to the hostel
- Take a walk around the city’s old town and pay a visit to the Blue Lassi store
- Watch the Ganga Aarti ceremony from the riverbanks
- Optional: Enjoy a relaxing evening boat ride down the River Ganges as you tour Varanasi’s ancient Ghats (400 INR)
- Optional: Have dinner on the banks of the river at Dolphin Restaurant (around 500-100 INR)
- Watch the sunrise during an early morning Ghat boat tour
- Optional: Explore the excavated ruins and deer park at the Sarnath Buddhist and Hindu archaeological site (approx. 600 INR)
- Transfer to the train station as you board an overnight train to Agra
Day 4-5: Agra
- Arrive in Agra and make your way to your accommodation, where you can check in and get settled
- Optional: Visit Agra Fort (950 INR)
- Optional: Rejuvenate by a rooftop pool, your Adventure Leader can recommend some (300 INR)
- Optional: Enjoy dinner and drinks at the Hotel Taj Resort (around 500-100 INR)
- Experience a spectacular sunrise over the Taj Mahal
- Transfer to your next destination, Jaipur
Day 6-7: Jaipur
- Arrive and check-in to your accommodation
- Optional: Visit a viewpoint for panoramic views of the city and Nahargarh Fort (200 INR to enter the fort)
- Pay a visit to Galtaji, locally known as the Monkey Temple
- Optional: Head to Amber Fort (1550 INR)
- Optional: Treat your taste buds to the local delicacies in a food court tour (200 INR)
- Optional: Enjoy a night out in Jaipur (at your own expense)
- Optional: Take in spectacular views of the city at sunrise with a hot air balloon safari (190-280 USD)
- Optional: Enjoy a private guided tour of the Pink City, including the City Palace and its grounds (700 INR)
- Optional: Join an art class at the Creatis Studio (1000 INR)
- Board the 11.45pm overnight train to Jaisalmer
Day 8-9: Jaisalmer
- Arrive in Jaisalmer and transfer to the Adventure Safari company house
- Shower, rest and eat lunch nearby (at own expense)
- At 3.30pm, drive by jeep an hour into the desert
- Begin your Camel Safari with a short ride to the campsite and enjoy a cooked vegetarian dinner around the campfire
- Wake up for sunrise over the sand dunes
- Embark on a longer camel trek to a desert village for a tour
- Head back into the city to freshen up at the company house
- Optional: Pay a visit to Jaisalmer Fort (600 INR)
- Optional: Visit Gadsisar Sagar Lake and the nearby viewpoint (100 INR for viewpoint)
- Get picked up from the hostel at 3pm and take a private transfer to Jodhpur
- Arrive at your new accommodation at approx. 9pm
Day 10: Jodhpur
- Embark on a guided walking tour of the Blue City.
- Optional: Visit the Toorji Step Well where you can have a drink at the cafe (80-150 INR)
- Optional: Test your nerves on a flying fox over Mehrangarh Fort (1999 INR)
- Optional: Join a Krishna cooking workshop and learn to cook ten traditional dishes (1500 INR including transportation)
Day 11-12: Udaipur
- Transfer to Udaipur, arriving at the hostel in the afternoon
- Walk through the Old City and catch the sunset as you take a boat cruise on Lake Pichola. From here, you’ll get the best views of the palace and old town
- Optional: Watch a Dharohar Folk Dance Show (150 INR)
- Optional: Enjoy a group dinner at the lakeshore restaurant (around 500 INR)
- Optional: Volunteer for a few hours at a local animal rescue, Animal Aid (400 INR for a rickshaw group of 3)
- Optional: Get creative at one of the local workshops, including art (250 INR per hour), henna (75 INR upwards), sitar or Indian drums (900 INR), or yoga (pay as you see fit, 500 INR suggested)
- Hop on the 9.30pm overnight train to Mumbai
Day 13: Mumbai
- Continue your train ride throughout the morning
- Arrive in Mumbai at approximately 2pm and head to the hostel
- Enjoy a free afternoon to relax and explore the city
- Say goodbye to your guide and fellow trippers and finish up your Dragon Trip tour. We wish you safe travels!
- If you would like to stay an extra night in Mumbai, we can book this for you! Get in contact at email@example.com.
Our India tour package price includes the following features:
• Bilingual Adventure Leaders
• Transport within India
• Accommodation (including hostels & 1 night camping)
Please note: Accommodation is in dorm rooms as a standard on our India tours.
Upgrade options (to single, twin, or double rooms) are available, please contact us for more information.
If you’d like to upgrade to a private room this will cost you £250 per room. Just email us before your final payment is due to let us know you’d like to upgrade. The upgrade fee is for the room, not per person- i.e. if you are a couple upgrading, then you split this price between the two of you. Room upgrades include single, double and twin rooms.
Check out our included activities below:
- Dinner at Himalayan Hostel (Delhi)
- Visit Sri Bangla Sahib Gurdwara (Delhi)
- Dinner at temple (Delhi)
- Walk through Varanasi Old town and the Blue Lassi Store (Varanasi)
- Ghat Tour, including Ganga Aarti Ceremony (Varanasi)
- Sunrise Boat Tour (Varanasi)
- Monkey Temple (Jaipur)
- Desert Camel Trek and Village Visit (Jaisalmer)
- Blue City Tour (Jodhpur)
- Lake Picola Sunset Boat Tour (Udaipur)
- Volunteering at Animal Aid (Udaipur)
A deposit is required to make a reservation on our India tours, with the balance due 70 days prior to departure (unless booking with one of our promotions, for which specific balance due dates may apply). The deposit is £100 GBP / $150 USD / €150 EUR / $200 AUD. If you book on to our India tours less than 70 days prior to departure, the full balance will be due within 3 days of booking.
No bookings can be accepted within 40 days of a trip departure date.
Looking for assistance booking pre/post trip accommodation? Just let us know what you need! We’re happy to help you extend your stay in India!
For customers making payment from the UK: please note that when you are making a payment into our US dollar account you must request your bank to send the money directly to our US dollar account at HSBC UK. Otherwise they may use an intermediary bank resulting in an added wiring fee charged to you of $25.00.
Upgrades & Extras
If you’d like to upgrade to a private room this will cost you £245 per room. Just email us before your final payment is due to let us know you’d like to upgrade. The upgrade fee is for the room, not per person- i.e. if you are a couple upgrading, then you split this price between the two of you. Room upgrades include single, double and twin rooms.
The group will be in sex-segregated hotel rooms (unless you book with friends of different sexes, in which case you can be together).
The use of Drones and other unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) is prohibited during activities organized by The Dragon Trip. If you are in possession of a drone when entering the country it is your responsibility to be informed of and follow all local laws. This may include registering your drone with authorities. If you violate this policy or operate a drone illegally you are subject to removal from the tour as per our terms & conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dates & prices
Other India Adventures
Start your adventure